Dr Sifu Reginald Cann
Dr. Sifu Reginald Cann B.Sc., OBT., HHP, MTOM, L.Ac., Dipl.Ac, MMQ, OMD
Dr. Sifu Reginald Cann is an internationally known master instructor, practitioner, and student of martial arts and Chinese medicine.
His interest in Oriental healing arts began when he took up karate as a young teenager.
Martial arts training and experience
Dr. Cann took up Goju Kyu Karate here in Bermuda. His mentor was Sensei Skipper Ingham. After 18 months training, he was introduced to the Northern Shaolin Kung Fu style (Bak-Sil-Lum). After studying both karate and kung fu for six months, he decided to concentrate on kung fu. Dr. Cann then undertook ten years of intense training with Sifu Al Wharton in the Bak-Sil-Lum style of kung fu. He now specialises in the medicinal and internal health-giving aspects of martial arts.
Dr. Cann’s martial arts training covered a wide range of styles:
• Northern Shaolin (Bak-Sil-Lum)
• Southern Shaolin – Tung Fong Hung Ga – Five Animal Style (Tiger, Crane, Snake, Leopard, Dragon Fist)
• Temple Wing Chun
• Monkey Fist
• Praying Mantis Fist
• Drunken Fist (style)
• Phoenix Fist
INTERNAL / NEI GONG STYLES:
• Yi Jin Jin (Muscle Tendon Change)
• Yi Quan / Zhang Zhang (The Art of Standing to develop internal power)
• Iron Palm Conditioning
• Iron Body Conditioning
• Ying – Gong (Hard Qi Gong)
• Tai Ji Quan (Chen, Yang)
• Yang Family Style Broad and Straight Sword
• Taoist Tai Chi – Circle Form
• Fast Fah Jing Discharge Form
• Taoist Bone Marrow Nei Gong
• Marrow Washing
• She-Sway Gong
• Ba Kua Zhang
• Hsing – Yi (Xing Yi Quan)
MANY STYLES OF QI GONG INCLUDING MEDICAL QI GONG
• Martial Qi-Gong and Nei Gong training Hit Medicine (Tit Dah Medicine)
• African Martial Science
Medical training and experience:
Dr. Cann left Bermuda in 1977 to pursue higher education and undertake broader professional career development on the east and west coasts of America and throughout Asia.
• Graduate of a rigorous four-year course in Oriental and Western Medical Science at the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
• California Medical Board Certified Licensed Acupuncturist and Herbologist
• National Board Certified Diplomat in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
• Graduate of the International Institute of Medical Qi Gong (Curriculum from the Famous Hai Dan Medical Qi Gong Institutue, Beijing, China)
• Also trained in Chinese Hit Medicine (Tit Dah Medicine, Tramatology, Chinese Bone Setting methods)
• Specialised Training:
• Tui-Na: Sports Injuries, Gynecological Problems, Respiratory, Digestive, Stress, Relaxation, Pediatrics and Internal Medicine
• Specialised Microsystems: Scalp, Auricular, Koryo Hand Acupuncture, Yi-Jing Acupuncture, Distance Healing Methods
Medical and martial arts practitioner:
Dr. Cann has over 15 years of clinical experience in treating a wide variety of health problems, with specialties in acute and chronic musculoskeletal pain, clinical nutrition and internal medicine. He has studied with Masters in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and the United States of America. In 1989, Dr Cann introduced Tai Chi, Qi Gong and Oriental Medicine to Bermuda.
Together with his academic pursuits, Dr. Cann continued to train in several Shoalin styles of Kung Fu, Qi Gong and Internal Martial Arts (ie: Tai Ji, Pa Kua, Hsing-Yi) with some of the world’s foremost masters. In addition to his private medical practice, Dr. Cann teaches Tai-Chi and Qi-Gong in Bermuda, the United States and Asia.
Connect with Dr. Sifu Reginald Cann on Google+